All of us at some point or the other been addicted to an English TV show, be it on the channel, or online, or downloaded shows on the computer. I have reached such stages of extreme addiction that I became an unproductive vegetable and spent day after day watching Grey’s Anatomy. Finally, I had to erase my hard drive clean to ensure I return back to normality.
But here is a list of the most popular English TV shows in India.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S : No matter how many years pass since the show has ended, it will continue to live in the hearts of all its fans. And it will still garner more hits on Youtube than any new series. I remember how I wept, as the show neared its end and finally terminated with a memorable finale.
- How I Met Your Mother:This show has come the closest to what FRIENDS was. The sharp humor, the strong friendship, the accidents and the fiasco – depiction of normal life, with all the shortcomings, is truly relatable.
- Big Bang Theory: One reason to downright fall in love with the show – Sheldon! Sardonic yet charming, Sheldon manages to keep the viewers engaged, throughout. The makers of the show have done a great job, with all the science jokes, the awkward nerds, the witty dialogues and diverse topics of jest.
- Grey’s Anatomy: Who could believe that a show based on the livesof doctors in a teaching hospital in Seattle could manage to hold the audience’s attention, as it approaches Season 10! The authentic portrayal of the daily challenges that the doctors face, strong characters and a touch of drama tying this all together. A brilliant show (and my personal favorite)
- Castle: Suspense, thrill, crime and murder! Add to this spicy blend a sizzle of the chemistry between the lead pair, detective Kate Beckett and the famous crime novelist Richard Castle and what you have is a formula for a successful TV show.
- White Collar: Again, a crime based series, with a pinch of drama and humor to make it a complete package. The series revolves around how an ex con man, the dashing Neal Caffrey helps the FBI in catching white collar criminals through his experience and skills.
- Two and a Half Men:Adult humor, the happy go lucky life of two bachelors and their encounters with the opposite sex make it a show filled with bone tickling laughter.
- Modern Family: Peppered with diverse characters having laudable traits, this family comedy is a thorough entertainer. Each character is well fleshed out and the occurrences in their daily life make for a good laugh.
- Lost: An unconventional topic to make a TV series on, Lost has managed to hold the pulse of the viewers, since the first series. A plane crash, survivors on a deserted island, struggling to stay alive, and their encounters with their fellow survivors, the supernatural element and their own past lives, make for an interesting watch.
- Breaking Bad:An amazing tale of the protagonist who turns antagonist to support his family. The show is a crime drama, with some dark humor and emotional upheavals thrown in, in good amount. It raises the questions of morality through the lead character Walter White.
Which is your favorite TV series. How far have you gone in your obsession to watch back to back episodes of a series?
©Isha Talsania for PosterGully.com