Pokemon! Ah, the word brings back so many good memories, one of my favourite cartoons till date. I remember coming back home as early as I can from school just to watch this cartoon in the evening! As kids Pokemon was one of the conversations we always had with our friends discussing about the latest episode. Oh and the video games? Loved them even more. Here are ten reason why I think this cartoon series was simply awesome!
1) Well the first and foremost reason being the presence of creatures which can startle you with their powers. Be it the adorable little creature Togepi or the massive and fierce Charizad. These pokemons amazed us with the abilities they possess which made them the talk of the town amongst kids.
2) Friendship shared among Brock, Ash and Misty. They have been together through thick and thin and watching their friendship get stronger, at one point of time or another you would have thought of your friends and yourself being those characters.
3) The mystery behind the evolution of pokemons. I think most of us would have scored full marks if we had pokemon as our subject during our school days. Attentively watching every episode, our curiosity regarding how these creatures evolved fascinated us even more.
4) Legendarypokemons. Yeah, this was one of my favourite things about this cartoon series. Most of the cartoons at that time were quite random and hilarious but pokemon was one of those cartoons which made you think. Think and know more about these amazing creatures.
5) The villains! I am quite sure all of us would have called them the stupid-est villains time and again and no episode was over without them coming into the scene and creating havoc. However it was because of them that made us giggle!
6) Bond shared between Ash and Pikachu. This was a special bond which made all of us go “Aww”. Their relationship often reminded me of the bond I share with my dog.
7) Jigglypuff! By far the most epic-estpokemon ever! Round like a ball she can put you to sleep with her singing!
8) Psyduck! Oh, how can I forget this one? The most annoying pokemon! Never the less I’ve always liked him.
9) Watching this cartoon made you wish that pokemons were real! How awesome life would be, yeah? *Sigh*
10) Misty’s song. I am not sure how many of you out there have heard this song but this is one beautifully written romantic song which Misty sings for Ash. Makes me love pokemon all the more!!
P.S – Remember those days when you used to get Pokemontazoos along with the Cheetos packet? I bought one packet everyday just to get those tazos and show it off to my friends!
©Meena Iyer for PosterGully.com